Open A Separate Disney Fund Account
In order to get your Disney Vacation Fund started on the right foot, you will need to open up a separate checking or savings account. This will ensure you stash your money away specifically for your Disney Trip and won't use it to buy a new pair of shoes or newly released tech gadget (like the iPhone 4) on an impulse.
There are several online banking options that pay a bit more interest than a traditional brick and mortar bank. I have noticed several advertisements for FREE MONEY if you simply open a checking account. Here are 5 current deals I found:
1) Chase - $100 Free (Expires 3/31/11)
2) Citibank - $50 or $100 Free
3) ING Direct - This one gets you $25 FREE MONEY and you get $10 for anyone that you refer. They pay a higher rate of interest than most other banks. So, email me at email@example.com and I can refer you.
4) PNC - $100 Free Offer Expires 3/26/11
5) M&T Bank - up to $250 Free
With some of these offers, there might be required minimum balances and/or initial deposits, so be sure to review all the offers and determine what best meets your Disney Vacation Fund needs.
Personally, I would open up multiple accounts and use each one for a different fund - Disney, Christmas, Birthday - I'm sure you can figure out your own way of spending FREE MONEY!!!
Once you have a separate Disney Fund account established, you will be ready to see it grow!
Post Last Updated: 3/2/11